Welcome to the ASC History Office
The ASC History Office exists to preserve the history of the command and its installations. The office collects documents pertaining to almost every facet of the command including its ammunition plant and depot assets, forward commands, Army Prepositioned Stocks, Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP), staff, and directorate offices.
In addition to Army Sustainment Command and the installation served by the command, the ASC History Office fulfills the role of the Rock Island Arsenal's historical section. This involves providing support for public events in the form of lectures, tours, and displays. The ASC History Office functions to tell the Army story, build espirit de corps, tell the history of supporting our Nation, our Army, and our Communities.
Some examples of products produced by this office include, but are not limited to the following:
- Public Educational Briefings
- Tours of Installation Sites
- Requests for Information
- Supervision for Archival Research
- Answer Public Historical Inqueries
- Support for Public Displays
- Historical Briefings for New Employees
- Facilitating Continued Education
- Professional Readers Program
- Military Fundamentals Courses
- Military History Courses
- Archival & Library Support
- Nation Studies
- Lessons Learned Programs
- Legacy & Heraldic Preservation
- Historical Advising to the Commander
- Staff Rides
- Event Support
In addition to the items listed above (and many more services), the ASC History Office has an active historical publication section that frequently composes materials for command, installation, and public consumption. Some of these products are highlighted below. Click on any of the images to view these publications.